We all know that vitamin B-12 has many functions inside our body. It is very essential in the production of red blood cells that carries the oxygen all over the body. Vitamin B-12 can be found in some common foods and there are also vitamin B-12 supplements available in the market or in other pharmacies and online stores.
Vitamin B-12 deficiency will lead to some conditions that bring discomforts to an individual. This article will cover the symptoms of vitamin B-12 deficiency and some tips on how to overcome these symptoms.
- Unusual skin color- the change of skin’s color may be the symptoms of some other diseases and one of them is the vitamin B-12 deficiency. The skin may look pale and dry which manifest of being unhealthy.
- Sore Tongue – Come to think of the effects of sore tongue. This will not only affect the tongue alone but also your eating habit. It is very difficult to eat if there is a pain in your mouth and tongue.
- Diarrhea- this is not just a simple stomach pain but also a very dangerous stomach disturbance that may lead to dehydration. Diarrhea is one of the symptoms of vitamin B-12 deficiency and this must never be taken for granted.
- Constipation – Vitamin B-12 is known nutrient that helps in breaking down of carbohydrates, fats and proteins and it aids in the proper function of the digestive system. In short, it has a big part in the normal digestion for a regular exit of wastes from our body. Deficiency in vitamin B-12 will basically lead to constipation which is a certain person can hardly excrete the waste substances inside the body. Constipation is very dangerous because it might be the cause of intoxication inside our body and some deadly diseases like cancers.
- Fatigue – vitamin B-12 is essential in the production of energy which is basically needed by our bodies. Fatigue is a condition which someone feels so tired even that he or she has a movement in just a short period of time. Fatigue is in line with stress and restless.
The above statements are just the common symptoms of the deficiency of vitamin B-12. So, it is very important to consider this kind of vitamin to ensure the maintenance of a healthy living so we can enjoy the comforts of life. The combination of foods rich of vitamin B-12 and additional vitamin B-12 supplements is perfect for a dreamed healthy living.